Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Timing is Everything


(I had technical difficulties trying to post this last night)

Whatever it is it makes my heart happy. Ok, so here’s what I’m talking about. The right person called me at the right time tonight. I wouldn’t have thought it was the right time. My husband and I were watching a television show that we both enjoy. There are a small handful of shows I can say that about. I’m pretty sure that I was closer to the phone when it rang, but I purposely didn’t answer it, thinking that if I didn’t answer the phone, it wouldn’t be for me. Like when a child covers their face with their hands and says, “Can’t see me.” 

Anyway, I knew this person was the right person for me to call yesterday when my feelings of discouragement were at their peak, but something kept me from making the call. After being on the phone tonight for an hour it was obvious to me that she called at the perfect time.

In the morning, I’ll ask my husband how the show ended, but truth is it doesn’t really matter, it was just a diversion from my bottled up discouragement. The feelings may still be there, but the heaviness of them is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment