There’s a Native American belief that “where three rivers meet a big storm (tornado) will never come.” In La Crosse, both the Black River and La Crosse River feed into the Mississippi River. Moving from Alabama11 years ago I was relieved to hear that there had not only never been a tornado here there never would be. Until today that is. It was a small EF1, nothing compared to Tuscaloosa’s EF5, but scary none-the-less. We’re safe and about three miles from the tornado’s path.
First, the HUGE hail a few weeks ago and now this. I naively thought that I lived in a town that Mother Nature couldn’t find. With all the freaky weather across the country this past year we had been the recipient of nothing too out of the ordinary until this month. Now I wonder what might happen next.
This reminds me off my coping thoughts following the 9/11 attacks. I found comfort in living here, away from all landmarks or “things” that may be targeted by terrorists.
Once again my mom’s written words are fitting….”Live life so hindsight makes you smile. We’re ALL only here for a little while.” – I am guided by these words every day.
Lovely and wise words from your mother. Perhaps you are a tornado magnet?
ReplyDeleteBE GLAD FOR THE LITTLE THINGS. LIKE LIVING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT A TORNADO MAGNET. BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE ROOM ON YOUR FRIDGE FOR ANOTHER MAGNET
ReplyDelete