Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Neighbors or Location: What Matters More in Real Estate?


“Location, location, location,” is a familiar quote about real estate. But what if you don’t like your neighbors. I’m not talking about feuding neighbors. I actually live next door to the neighbor you can ask for a cup of sugar from. In fact just a few nights ago I half jokingly asked if they had a cup of butterscotch chips to fulfill the list of ingredients on a new recipe I wanted to try. She quickly responded, “Yes!” Who has butterscotch chips on hand? They are surrogate grandparents for my kids. They’re there to feed our cat and fish anytime we are out of town and best of all, we respect each other’s space. Most of our conversations take place either on a lawn or driveway. We work as a team, we are supportive of each other and they’re there when we need help, no matter how big or small.

When I get a job (one day) it will become financially easier to think about our next home. The one that has a master suite with a bathtub large enough for my knees and breasts to be under water at the same time, a walk-in closet, and enough floor space where a king-size bed doesn’t cover it all, three bedrooms on the same floor, away from the living room and kitchen, the one that will have a three-car garage, or at least the space for one. The house that will have a fireplace, enclosed three or four-season room, a dishwasher and a great yard.

There’s only one problem in this dream home, I’m not sure how to screen the neighbors.

Lucky for me I have the best of both worlds right now. I love the location of my house, but for now it’s my neighbors that keep me from moving. They’re also not exactly wishing me luck on finding a job. They must like us too.

1 comment:

  1. I THINK YOU HAD THAT HOUSE ONCE. YOU EVEN HAD YOUR OWN BEDROOM THAT HAD NO FLOOR, AT LEAST WE COULD NOT FIND ONE, BUT IT HAD TO BE THERE BECAUSE YOU STUFF DID NOT FALL THROUGH TO THE FIRST FLOOR. I THINK NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FAMILY YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A HOUSE ANYMORE. WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS A HOME, AND THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT. I THINK YOU FOUND IT HAVE A GREAT LIFE

    ReplyDelete