For the record I have no tattoos and have no intention on getting one, but I won’t say never, because who really knows what the future holds. For me, tattoos are too permanent.
When I see a tattoo on someone I can’t help but imagine that person at 80 years old. Regardless of their physical appearance I never picture them as a fit 80 year old. I do like to see the details of people’s tattoos and as with most things related to people I enjoy hearing the stories behind them. I have a good friend who has her father’s initials tattooed on her lower back. I imagine it’s nothing she’ll ever regret, it’s what I would think of as a sentimental tattoo. Right for her, not for me. I’m pretty sure if I got my mother’s initials tattooed on me in her memory, she would come back and haunt me.
There are other tattoos that I’ve seen and admired, but there’s one in particular that I saw recently and really thought was cool. While lining up for the New Milford race I was looking down at people’s feet and legs when my eye caught an extremely fit male calf covered in a list of tattoos. There were about four tattoos, the details I remember are vague, but at least two were of the logo for Ironman races. I thought it was cool that the body part that earned the “bragging rights” had the tattoos, almost as if the calf went to the tattoo shop without the rest of the body.
Hmm…if I ever become a swimmer and finish an Ironman/woman maybe I’ll get a tattoo. Until then I’ll remain on the piercing side of the fence.
I THINK WHEN I GET A LITTLE OLDER I MIGHT GET A FEW TATTOOS MYSELF. I THING AROUND 80 YEARS OLD I WILL GET ONE ON EACH HAND, ONE SAYING LEFT AND ONE SAYING RIGHT JUST SO I CAN REMEMBER WHICH IS WHICH. THE OTHER AND MOST IMPORTANT WILL BE ON MY BELLY THAT WILL SAY BURY THIS SIDE UP ONLY.
ReplyDeleteOkay, this is actually a comment on Howard's comments - very funny! Maybe as the memory slides further and further away the tattos are a reminder as to whether or not we have clothes on? Perhaps one that says "If you can see this tattoo it is not appropriate to leave the house"
ReplyDeleteI THINK WHAT I AM GOING TO DO IS HAVE A FULL BODY TATTOO OF A THREE PIECE SUIT. THAT WAY I WILL SAVE A LOT ON CLOTHES. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS HOW TO KEEP IT FROM WRIGGLING. I THINK IRONING MIGHT BE JUST A LITTLE BIT PAIN FULL. I THINK I WILL GIVE THIS A LITTLE MORE THOUGHT
ReplyDelete