Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Random Thoughts of the Day

Saw a woman at the playground today with the oddest shoes. Picture a pair of black flip-flops and then add a boot to the back and ankle (no heel). Bazaar. I tried to find an image online, but am not even sure how to look for such a shoe.

If I could go back I would tell myself to live simpler and buy less. I am by no means a hoarder, but it is much too hard to get rid of “things” after random memories are attached them. I empty my closet and drawers on a somewhat regular basis, but I still have “TOO MUCH STUFF” (My favorite quote from Mama Bear from The Bearenstain Bears.

With all these “You know you grew up in (insert town) when…” pages being created on Facebook makes me feel torn between growing up in two towns or not growing up anywhere. It also makes me want my kids to live in the same town from K-12….maybe.

I think you should be able to look someone up online with just their name and birthday.

I often forget that time spent with “old” friends is irreplaceable.

Everyone should sign their first AND last name in yearbooks. So many years later my mind is being erased of memories I never thought I’d forget while I was living them. For those that aren’t in my yearbook I’m having difficulty remembering your FIRST name.

How appropriate and random that this was today's comic. I love Luann.


1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. I lived in the same town all my life but would be afraid of posting "You might be from West Salem if..." for fear of revenge.

    ReplyDelete