A good friend of my husband and I has been asking us for years to run the Bellin 10K in Green Bay, his hometown, with him. The idea of a 10K has always been intimidating to me. With that said I did run the Bolder Boulder 10K in CO in 2008 and it remains to be my favorite race to date.
Well, this was the year we were going to do “The Bellin” because not only could it be my June race; it was a weekend away complete with friends to stay with our kids and cheer us on as we ran.
The spectators were amazing, I believe that’s who really makes a race. This was certainly the case with the Bolder Boulder.
One of my favorite things about this race was being able to take my race number after the race to the nursery that was on the race course and pick out two annual plants for FREE! I have really enjoyed watching them grow over the summer. Also, because it was the 35th anniversary every runner received a finisher’s medal. My least favorite thing was that my shirt that I worked hard to earn, had a hole in the seam. Then after sewing it, two weeks ago it got stained in the wash! I really like the shirt too!
The weekend was capped off by going to Bay Beach, where all the rides at the amusement park are either 0.25 or 0.50 cents and then off to tour Lambeau Field…impressive!
I plan to run this race again next year!

ALL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WITH ALL THIS RUNNING WHO HAS BEEN CHASING YOU. IT MIGHT BE QUICKER TO TAKE A TRAIN
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention that after the race we went to a farmer's market where I saw the most delicious looking, largest chocolate croissant. The baker told me it had a lot of butter and therefore was very flaky. For the record...I'll never be making that mistake again. Bananas and oranges are given away free after a race for a reason. Oh, but the free cookies were delicious.
ReplyDeleteYou ran hard...you deserve the cookie. Way to go!
ReplyDelete