Tonight I am in need of a laugh, an all out child-like giggle, the kind that brings tears to my eyes and ends in a sprint to the bathroom. Instead I am frustrated at things that I cannot change, and annoyed by other people’s behavior. Again, something I cannot change.
So, as I sit here and think of something funny to write the only thing that comes to my mind is an awful joke, that I laugh at every time. I’m terrible at remembering and reciting jokes, needing to quietly run through them out loud before sharing just to make sure I don’t say the punch line too early and ruin the entire setup. When I was in junior high a friend told me the following joke. We laughed like it was the funniest thing we had ever heard. Right now I’m smiling just thinking about it.
Why do seagulls live by the sea and not by the bay?
Because then they’d be called baygulls/bagels!
I warned you it was bad, but to this day I love it. It reminds me of a time when it was easier to laugh on demand. Or maybe it’s simply because I love bagels so much.
Would you believe I have even said this joke wrong before, causing me to laugh even harder.
![]() |
| Is there anything that can't be found on Google? (unmario.wikia.com) |

Sometimes the funniest jokes are the ones that go badly. Leave it to a fellow Jew to have a bagel joke :)
ReplyDelete