Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tzefuncte


I feel like I’m overdue for a blog post, but the truth is that I feel tzefuncte. My mom was a brilliant Scrabble player, a human dictionary really, and this was her word. It sounds Yiddish to me so I can understand why many of you may not know the meaning. I’ll give you a one-word international definition: blah.

In spite of the warmer, sunnier weather this past week, I am ready for spring’s arrival, but that will have to wait as we get about six inches of snow by tomorrow. I’m having a bit of grad school remorse, wondering what I really want to be when I grow up and to add to that I found out today that I have to take another exam in order to obtain my school counseling license in Wisconsin. I hate standardized tests.

That’s all the complaining I care to share.

So, tonight I’ll eat some ice cream, watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and remember that, “Some days are like that, even in Australia.”

On a related note: Please make a donation and make me run… http://main.acsevents.org/goto/darialeith

4 comments:

  1. It is a great word...and ice cream is quite nice. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not a real word. If it was my english teacher would of asked me to spell it. I hate to tell you but some people cheat at scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Hee Hee I'm well aware it's not a real word, but there's definitely a place for it. As for Scrabble, she was always able to find the word with its definition in the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha Hee Hee I'm well aware it's not a real word, but there's definitely a place for it. As for Scrabble, she was always able to find the word with its definition in the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete