The other day some one asked me how long I lived in Alabama and if it was humid. After living there for six and a half years I didn’t let myself complain that it was too humid unless the millisecond I walked outside my palms started sweating or if I took a minimum of two showers in one day because I was stinkin’ sweaty.
I moved to Wisconsin eleven years ago yearning for the return of the four seasons I grew up with; spring, summer, fall, and winter opposed to the four seasons I adapted to in Alabama; humid/too hot to go outside, football, perfect weather (that one really lasted for 2 seasons :o)
Up here I don’t let myself complain it’s too cold until I walk outside and my nostril hairs freeze instantly upon my first inhale outside…like this morning. Today I found myself telling my daughter that it “warmed up to 0 degrees” – what an oxyomoron.
It’s all about layering…
No comments:
Post a Comment