Yesterday after rushing to the side of a friend and her son after hearing of the sudden death of her partner of 13 years and my friend of 4 years I thought about the few other times in my life I was compelled to move so quickly.
There were the times (two different times and people) I was on the phone with a relative listening to them cry, trying to comfort them…two people I had never heard cry before. Immediately upon hanging up the phone with one I bought plane tickets and the other time I borrowed a car and was out the door within an hour driving through the night to be by their side. The only other time I can recall feeling so compelled was when a dear friend shared with me via Facebook that she had just had a miscarriage. I typed two words, deleted them, closed my laptop and found myself in her house a mere 5 minutes later.
What it comes down to is simple: you can only feel a hug in person.
THANK YOU!!
ReplyDeleteVery inspiring Daria! You ARE a true friend...
ReplyDelete