Growing up in Connecticut it
was not uncommon for our power to go out. It didn’t happen often, it just
wasn’t completely surprising when it did. I never realized how not uncommon it
was until I moved away. I have no recollection of the power ever going out when
I lived in Alabama and here in Wisconsin it has only gone out a handful of
times and usually flashes back on shortly after. But here I sit by the sun’s
light typing…the power has been out for 10 minutes.
My husband returned from a
short business trip to northern New Jersey today and my only request to him
before he left was, “Please bring me back some New York bagels if you can.” And he did just that. They taste
better than any European chocolate he’s ever brought home from business trips
abroad, but I can’t help but think that after our dinner of bagels our power
went out 15 minutes later. Coincidence? 14 minutes later it’s still off…good
time to catch up on blogging, especially for my dad in Connecticut who now owns
a generator.
p.s. power came on after 45
minutes, if you were wondering.
Where the bagels worth it? I'm guessing they were. Our power in Onalaska Township went out quite frequently, usually only long enough to make you have to reset all the clocks though.
ReplyDelete