Sure there are the milestones all parents share with each other; rolling over, crawling, eating solid food and walking to name a few. But the parental milestone I recall the best was the day my son was able to recognize that he was going to throw up and therefore made it to the bathroom. I wanted to jump up and down and scream and shout for joy. It was the first time throwing up was not followed by scrubbing carpets or furniture or a mad dash to the washing machine while praying it was empty. (For those new parents out there I think it was around 4 years old.)
There’s also the milestone of no more diapers. I always thought it meant that as a parent I would no longer have to change a diaper, but what it really means is toilet paper is cheaper and a pack lasts longer than a pack of diapers.
I’m sure there are others, and if you can think of others please share them. In the meantime savor the moments that are happening now with your children, because one day they will “grow out of them and grow up”.

Oh so true. When I see little babies and are allowed to coo over them and chuck their little chins I marvel at the fact my son is 41 years old. It just seems like yesterday he was crawling around and playing in the house. We are only here for a moment and need to focus on the gifts right in front of us.
ReplyDeleteI REMEMBER WHEN I STOPPED USING DIAPERS IT MADE MY PARENTS SO PROUD OF ME. NOW I WONDER HOW PROUD OF ME THEY WOULD BE IF THEY KNEW IN A FEW YEARS I WILL BE BACK IN DIAPERS AGAIN. NOW I WONDER WHO WILL CHANGE THEM FOR ME.
ReplyDelete