Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Livin’ the Life

Embracing the moments in life when all feels right. So often I think about what’s on my (sometimes hypothetical) to do list or what I should be doing during these moments.

Late this past spring I was enjoying a rare moment laying in my hammock. Instead of thinking about what I had to do I realized I was fully and completed immersed in the moment. So much so to anyone nearby it would have looked like I had been there for hours, or at the very least 30 minutes rather than the actual five.

So, when my daughter and I sat on the same hammock weeks later thoroughly enjoying the first sugar snap peas of the season I shared with her my new phrase and said, “We’re livin’ the life.” I love that she, too, has now embraced the phrase, sometimes saying it at times when I need to hear it the most.

So I hope you, too, can enjoy some “livin’ the life” moments this summer, fall, winter and spring.


2 comments:

  1. You have summed up my life beautifully. I have never felt more aware of all the blessings that have been bestowed on me than I have recently.
    As I approach my 60th birthday on the last day of this month, it seems my radar for living has located a clear and strong frequency and I see miracles unfolding before me each and every day, in the simplest of things. What a wonderful life lesson to teach your daughter - it may be the most important one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Queen of Livin' the Life! Right now the moments are few and far between but I'm grabbing them when I can and acknowledging them.

    ReplyDelete