Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

What are YOUR Strengths?

When I first began blogging I received great support from a few particular friends (Donna and Caryn). They both encouraged me to use my blog to reach out to teenagers. Kids and adolescents truly are my heart, but the blog quickly developed into an outlet for my thoughts. This morning as I was showering the idea for this posting invaded my mind. Most of my good ideas are born with the warm water falling on my head. This time my thoughts focused on helping others, not just getting my thoughts out of my head.

I am writing this post with my teenage and young adult friends in mind, as well as for those who feel as lost as a teenager.

Most of my postings are about me, but this one is all about YOU!

What are YOUR strengths?

It’s a good question to have an answer to; for one thing it’s a classic job interview question. With all that aside though, the answer can also get you through your darkest hours, when you are more apt to focus and dwell on your weaknesses. And for the record we ALL have weaknesses. The only difference between strengths and weaknesses is the way you look at them. It’s all in your perspective.

My challenge to you is to come up with your strengths, start with one and work your way up from there.

If you find yourself focusing on your weaknesses email me (darialeith@aol.com) so I can offer you a different perspective.

For the record, I wasn’t always a confident, successful, overachiever. I have grown into this woman. Nor do I always feel as if I am.

And know that if you are not the person you dream of being it is not too late and as life offers you more experiences you will evolve into your vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment