Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Many Signatures

My signature, like yours, has evolved over time.

It began when I first learned to write in cursive. In elementary school I worked diligently to make each letter look like its model hanging on the wall above the chalkboard. In junior high my name changed many times, therefore my signature changed. It evolved to include the last name of the whatever boy I liked. In high school I no longer cared about the model letters and began to experiment with my letters’ personalities. And yes, there were more boys. Somewhere during these years I also created a signature to be used when I was famous.

Now I have two signatures I consistently use; one written and one electronic. When “they” invented the electronic signature pad for stores my signature, along with my name changed once again. I’ve always been tempted to sign it Donald Duck or Kermit the Frog, but instead what I have done is changed my name to a single letter: D.

I also promise the investigators that this signature can only be replicated when writing at a 45 – 90 degree upright angle. 


2 comments:

  1. At least now it is a D Remember when it was only an X. Four or six years of collage goes a long way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Maybe I should just be known as Q - but that sounds too James Bondish.

    ReplyDelete