| My running story told in shoes and four of the toes that have worn them because I don't know how to crop the photo. |
My blue pair of running shoes
were retired in late October after getting plantar fascititis in my left foot.
Only after a few people asked did I realize I had run about 700 miles in those
great Asics. 300 miles later my pink Asics are being transferred from my
“runners” box to my “old runners” box on my closet shelf. Did you catch
that?! I’ve run 1,000 miles since December 2011!!
700 miles was much too late
to retire shoes and I was worried that 300 was too soon, then I started having
knee discomfort when I ran and saw that my soles were wearing unevenly. After
looking into it, I discovered 300-500 miles is the right time for retirement.
Mine are opting for early retirement.
So, what’s life like for my
“old runners” you may wonder. Oh it’s a good life. They get to take off my Road
ID and let the laces underneath breathe. They get worn for walking, living and
playing, no longer just for running. Although they are too worn for running in,
they feel like a great pair of new sneakers. Today, for example they get to
experience what it’s like to play soccer.
I keep two pairs of old
runners at a time, and then donate them so they can live on. This last time it
was to the local Goodwill, next time I hope to donate them
internationally.
I already have my next pair
of running shoes in my closet and I can’t wait for my next run in my new
rainbow runners!
8/5/13
LOOKS LIKE FOUR PAIRS OF STINKERS TO ME
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to the fifth toe that it didn't appear on the photo?
ReplyDelete