Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Monday, May 7, 2012

“Should” Kind of Day


I should be baking something for the couple who won my auctioned cookies, the first of six. I guess I’ll be baking them tonight, no worries. Either way they will be delivered tomorrow at the agreed upon time. I just have to plan out the presentation of them.

I should be gardening. I bought a beautiful pot full of Johnny jump ups that is unusually tall. Johnny jump ups (a member of the pansy family) remind me of my mom. I try to buy them every year, or some form of pansies. I have memories of living with her in Connecticut and her excitement when they would spread and “jump up” around the garden. I bought them Friday night at the first farmer’s market of the season. There’s a single flower that is a hybrid of a pansy and Johnny jump up and is light purple, rather than dark purple and yellow. It made me want that pot more! I’ve decided I’ll just transplant them into another pot opposed to the garden, they’ll get the sun they need to grow even if they won’t have room to jump around.

I should be blogging more. It’s most definitely not from a lack of ideas. I mentally write blogs daily, often multiple times a day. I hope to make more time to get them out of my head and onto the computer. I suppose I am accomplishing this right now. I should be writing about how well the half-marathon went yesterday (2:09:39). I should be writing about how referring to some friends as family is meant as a compliment, but I’ve decided the better compliment is telling them they’re better than family. In some family member’s cases this doesn’t take much though, but I mean it as the utmost compliment.

I will go rest in hopes it turns into a catnap.

3 comments:

  1. Ummm... did you forget that you ran a half marathon yesterday??? Rest a bit, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU RAN VERY FAST IN THE MARATHON. I RAN IN IT I AM AFRAID I WOULD ONLOY BE HALF FAST. OH WELL HALF FAST IS BETTER THAN BEING LAST I QUESS. P.S. THE ONLY REASON I WAS NOT LAST IS BECAUSE I TOOK THE BUS. HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should happens. Learn early in life to let it go. You either do something or not do something - stewing about it is wasted anxiety. Use that to worry about something important, like where did I hide my chocolate from the husband....now I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete