Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Running Like a Girl

I’ve recently found a few blogs that I have latched onto in such a way I visit them daily. The one I want to share with you today is womensrunningmagazine.wordpress.com. Every weekday I visit the site looking for inspiration and a golden nugget of running knowledge from experienced female runners. I was beginning to think of myself as an intermediate runner, just because of the frequency and passion I’ve been running with these past few seasons. If you looked to the “advanced runners” though I’m a beginner, based on the number of miles I run a week. I have never had a coach and I have never been involved with an organized running group. This blog is quickly becoming my coach and source of much needed knowledge; such as today’s post of how to drink water from a paper cup while running (http://womensrunningmagazine.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/tuesdays-tip-keep-it-in-the-cup/) REAL useful information! It boosted me a bit to read this and think, yeah I figured that one out on my own during one of my recent races. OK, now I didn’t figure that out all by myself per se, I watched others, most likely intermediate or more advanced. For those of you who have never tried it really is harder than it sounds.

I’ve enjoyed running on many Mondays since the school year started and I became more dedicated to running. So, yesterday when there was no school for the second Monday I was feeling a bit frustrated that I couldn’t run. And I consciously use the word couldn’t because I refuse to run in the dark and with the shorter winter days light is most ample during school hours. Check out this link to yesterday’s post.

After my schedule opened up this morning and I had the time to run I reread that link to psych myself up for running. Even though the list resonated with me so much I could have written it myself, it was really hard to change into running clothes because I had already taken a shower and my hair came out great. All the women runners reading this completely understand me right now, the men are shaking their heads. Yep, I’m lovin’ the women’s running blog! I’m happy to say that it only took me spending $7.00 on some new music for my playlist and off I went running out the door with my great hair, sans ponytail, tucked under my hat and neckwarmer.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please remember to click one or more of the reaction boxes above. Thanks! Also notice I added "labels" to the end of my entries so you can easily locate other entries I have written with a similar topic.

    ReplyDelete