Some people on Facebook right now are diligently writing 5 things they are grateful for…daily. I enjoy reading these status updates and after a week I succumbed to posting the following status.
I won't promise to do this every day but here are my 5 things I'm grateful for right now.
1. My current enjoyment of running. Right now I feel at the top of my game, both physically and mentally.
2. My kids, they really are fabulous, loving, appreciative, fun, well-mannered people that make me proud to be their mom.
3. My husband who is so supportive of my happiness and all I do.
4. Facebook, sometimes I hate it. But at this moment I am so thankful to be able to keep in touch with so many fabulous people I have been fortunate to cross paths with along the way during my life's journey.
5. I am thankful that my Dad in CT finally got power last night after 8 days.
Most of the posts I have read from others are a more succinct list with only a few words per numbered bullet. I, on the other hand, am so filled with gratitude I had to expand. That, or I just can’t say anything briefly.
When I made my last it was the first five things to come to mind, but after I got going I had so much more to share.
6. Sunbeams, for in my next life I want to come back as a cat and live the life I witness everyday on my couch and on the floor by the door.
7. Friends, who deep in my heart, are family.
8. Completing a project and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it.
9. Having the means to go to the grocery store several times a week without worrying that buying peanut butter will break the bank.
10. The ability to stay home with my kids for one more year (grad school free). OK, so I’d also be grateful if I had a school counseling job too.
11. I am grateful that I do not have to depend on anyone else or any organization to ensure that my kids still believe in Santa. (I am also grateful that I am able to support such organizations, even if it’s not financially as much as I wish I could.)
All in all I am grateful for so many things I can’t simply list them all, big or small. The important thing (to me) is that I am appreciating life as it is happening, not as it passes me by. I hope to live this way for many, many more years and memories.
We often forget to give thanks for the many gifts we receive every day. Thank YOU for reminding us to embrace this part of our existence.
ReplyDelete