Before The Fall
See, I had no reason to not
run, there is essentially no ice on the path.
I wonder how long it will
take me to wear these shoes out.
I wonder if I’ll need new
shoes in November (a year after I bought these).
During the Fall
Aww Shit!!
What the hell just happened?
I wonder if that car will
stop and ask if I need help.
I think it’s slowing down.
I’ll give the driver a thumbs
up to let him/her know I’m fine.
After the Fall
Well, that sucked!
Brush myself off and get back
up and run.
No holes in the knees of my
pants or gloves.
Oh my God, I’m like all those
runners I read about who fall, but just get right back up and continue their
run.
I AM an athlete!
I must have tripped over a
sand-covered ice chunk.
So glad I was wearing my
gloves (I almost took them off a half mile or so before).
No need to cut my run short,
I’m not bleeding, I’ll just finish my 4 miles.
My hand is not bleeding but
there’s going to be a bruise on the ball of my left hand.
Thank G-d I am not seriously
hurt!

Hmmmm. Perhaps that marguerita right before the run is not a good idea?
ReplyDeleteAHHH!! BUT THE TWO MARGUERITA'S AFTER THE RUN WAS A GREAT IDEA. NEXT TIME JUST SKIP THE RUN AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE MARGUERITA'S.
ReplyDelete