Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Humor in Tragedy


“Laughter is the best medicine” is one of my favorite clichés, definitely more than “Time will heal all wounds”. Humor has helped me through many challenging times, mostly through my mom’s cancer and her subsequent death.

I’ve read several articles about the tragedy in the Denver movie theater. It was a horrific event. However, it has left me with a few thoughts that bring laughter during a time when it is needed most…during tragedy.

I hope this does not lead to metal detectors or the checking of bags at movie theaters. I’ll never be able to sneak another bottle of water in again.

I read that several people in the theater thought that the shooting was part of the movie, because it began during a violent movie scene. I went to see Magic Mike last night and kept waiting for the real stripper to enter through an exit door.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your mind is as sick as mine. Must be that we've both shared the same coping mechanism known as humor.

    ReplyDelete