Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Slowdown and Enjoy the Summer


Feeling on top of the world, okay town, with my kids. 

“Summer is going by so fast.”

I can’t agree with this statement, not to mention most of the people who have said this to me have added something like, I can’t believe it’s already June 24 (when it’s really only June 23) or I can’t believe it already July (it’s not it’s only June 28). I just want to shout, “Slow down people!”

Maybe this is the first time I can’t agree with this feeling and I think it’s simple. I’m enjoying every moment and every day. I honestly think I’ve been good at doing this since my kids were born. My secret? Every now and then I stop and stand back from the moment (sometimes literally, sometimes it just resembles me pressing the imaginary pause button on my nose) and just LOOK at what is before me. Yesterday it was capturing my children’s faces full of excitement and fun during a trip to a waterpark.

It may also be because this summer we have no big trips plan. There’s no focusing on weeks and months ahead of time, there’s no, we leave in two weeks, or in one month we’ll be in…

So, you’re summer may be going by too fast, but over here I’m just livin’ the life savoring my summer one moment at a time.

It’s taking the cliché, “Stop and smell the roses,” to heart. You should try it some time.


2 comments:

  1. I STOPPED AND STOOD BACK AND GUESS WHAT!!!! I FEEL OFF THE CLIFF. NEXT I TRIED TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES AND A BEE STUNG ME. SO WHAT IS YOUR NEXT GREAT IDEA?? A TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL SO I CAN GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo and a beautiful reminder to slow down and enjoy the Roses. Yes, Howard, even for you in spite of the risks involved!

    ReplyDelete