Every time I sign in to Facebook it asks, "what's on my mind?" My answer is rarely short enough to fit in the status box provided. This blog is a collection of my random thoughts and reflections that answers that question.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Favorite Photo Friday: River Commute


From September 2007 – December 2010 I commuted on average once a week 30 miles north along the Mississippi River Road. I was one year into being a mom of two children when I began the commute and I relished those peaceful drives along the Mighty Mississippi. I found sincere beauty in every season. It was two years ago on a Saturday morning that I decided to bring my camera and capture the beauty of the River in the winter.

Photo Taken by Daria Lapp. 2/14/10. Freight train traveling south along the frozen Mississippi River.



2 comments:

  1. IF YOU TOOK THAT TRAIN YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO DRIVE AND YOU COULD SAVE ALL THAT GAS MONEY TO PAY FOR SCHOOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is especially lovely when viewing it from Texas.

    ReplyDelete